10.13.2016

MAC Selena Collection!

Guys this was an experience for the books. I took the day off knowing that it was going to be a crazy day, I "had" to get my hands on some of this collection.

Story Time:

I was in High School when Selena died, it was so tragic. I loved her so much! She was the ULTIMATE Latina bomb shell! She had it all, looks, talent; girl could sing! She was overall kind and down to earth. There wasn't anything not to like about her.

Music has always been a passion of mine and I sure did love her voice, still do! Anyways her death was super tragic and horrible. I admire the Quintanilla family for working so hard to keep her memory alive for all of us fans. The most recent of course is the MAC Selena Collection!

Ok guys now for the release day story that took place on 10/06/16!
As you can see from this snapchat our adventure started extremely early!
We drove 45 minutes away just to avoid as much of the crazy crowds as possible. 
We went to the Layton Hills Mall here in UT.
We got there so early that the mall wasn't even open. 
 We were freezing but it didn't matter one bit!
I have to give Macy's at Layton Hills Mall mad props!
They were SUPER organized. 
This is one of the signs they had; they were in every entry door. 
We stalked every door until a security guard opened the doors for us.
The first thing he asked me was "Are you here for the Selena Collections?"
I must have had that stamped all over my face, ha ha! 
My sister Marlene, who I had this adventure with; ran for basically both of us
because I couldn't keep up, it was hilarious! We were determined to be the first in line.
You guessed it; we were the first ones in line!!!
We "had" to record our victory with a selfie!
First in line felt amazing! We are hardcore fans and waking up super early paid off! 
BTW here we are bare faced and all to a makeup event! ha ha!
As I mentioned The Layton Hills Mall staff, was very organized.
They came out and cheered us on they even gave us waters and candy.
They also gave us these forms to fill out our personal info
and all of the products that we wanted. 
The wait was FINALLY over! We got in!
All that was left was to shop until we dropped!
Can we take a quick look at this MAC girl?! 
She was decked out dressed like Selena, from her outfit to her hair!
She was so sweet and cool!
And here it is...our adventure for the Selena Collection paid off. 
Complete success! Two crazy Selena fans, got to partake in the fun.
It was incredible, the Macy's MAC counter
 was jamming out to her music and selling it like crazy.
They had purple festive balloons and were taking pictures of us. 
This is an experience I will NEVER forget! 
I must admit that I got a little emotional, no joke! Don't judge LOL!
This was the amazing collection and display! 
 This is what I bought for myself out of the collection. 
Keep in mind that I actually bought stuff for a friend and for my sister 
so I technically got a lot more, but this is what I kept for myself. 
I have to be honest, it hurt a little to actually use my lipstick. 
Yes, I'm a nerd, but I wanted to keep it new....well kinda.
It is my favorite so far! Amor Prohibido is a beautiful brownish nude shade.
This shade is called Dreaming of You and it's a deep burgundy.
This is the only matte shade in the collection. 
It's also beautiful of course!

Ok that is all that I have tried from the collection so far. I have no intentions on using my brush, I purchased it for memorabilia purposes only. Silly, yes but who cares.
My bronzer/blush I've yet to use called Techno Cumbia, I will be using this but it's hard to want to use it because her name will eventually rub off. The compact is cute and at the end of the day I can just keep the packaging to remind myself of this fun crazy little adventure. 

Thank you for stopping by today! 

Much Love,

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.