6.23.2015

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Review

Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer 
Price:$20.00 
Size: 0.35 oz
What the company claims it does:
Wandering glitters and shimmers are for amateurs. This featherweight primer is specially formulated to keep glitters, shimmers and powders in place. The hard-working formula also evens skin tone and softens fine lines. Shadows, powders and glitters glide on effortlessly, stay in place and stay intensified for 24+ hours.
You can purchase this primer at Ulta, Sephora or directly from the Too Faced website.
Product Review:
To start of with my review I must say that the packaging is adorable, totally cute. I love that it comes in a squeeze tube so you can control the amount that comes out, with ease. The formula is skin toned and has a sticky creamy texture.
The product does an amazing job at securing the glitter to the eyelids or even plain eye shadows. The glitter glue works well with chunky or finely milled glitters. I recommend patting this to your eyelids and not applying it in swiping motions. This product sets fast so work quickly. Once the glitter is set it's not going to budge. I didn't test it for 24+ hours but I did test it for about 9 hours and it worked like a charm each and every time. 
As for the price this tube is a little pricey, but in my opinion completely worth it. First of all because it comes in the tube and not a jar, it will not dry up, it stays sanitary because there are no wands or applicators. 
How often do you really use glitter? It's meant to be used for glitter and you avoid all that crazy fallout but it's a perfect eye shadow primer in general. 
Here are a few pictures to show you how well they work with regular eye shadows in addition to glitters.
Two different angels of my swatches. On the left side you will get to see shadows by themselves and on the right, you get to see them with the glitter glue. As you can tell by the swatches, the glitter glue intensifies the pigmentation of these shadows.

Eye Shadows: (Left to right/Top to bottom)
Wet n Wild-Brass/Laiton
Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Powder-Esmeralda
Milani-Bella Champagne
Pacifica-Treasure
Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar-Pink Sugar

I also have a sample of one of the days I used this glitter glue, pictured above (first pic).

Overall The Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue gets a solid A rating from this gal.
It is a great addition to the primers I already own and I look forward to using it many many times moving forward.

I can't believe it's been a full month that I launched my blog, it was official as of yesterday! It has been a work in progress, and it's been super fun. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued support and don't forget to follow me for notices of future posts.

Much Love,

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.