2.04.2016

Favorite Romantic/Love movies for February!

Welcome to the month of love and friendship. Guys something you may not know about me is that I love sappy lovey dovey chic flicks. I know most will either love or hate them but I wanted to share my top six, I actually really tried to make it my top 5 but had to add in a sixth. 

So most will think these are cheesy but guys I can't help it! I'm a total dork. I love romance!

*These are in no particular order.

Let's start with

1-Grease
This movie has been an all time favorite movie for as long as I can remember! I know it by heart, every song and every lyric. This classic is just bomb! Good girl gone bad, hello? Need I say more...ha ha ha

2-50 First Dates
Let's throw some comedy into the mix. I freaking love this movie. Unlike my first movie choice this one is no classic but to me it's hilarious and priceless. I laugh so hard watching this movie. It's a great pick me up movie. A laugh out loud and feel good type.  The chemestry between Adam Sandler and and Drew Barrymore is amazing. I loved them from The Wedding Singer but honestly I prefer this one just a little bit more.

3-Pride and Prejudice
As a HUGE fan of Jane Austen I had a hunch I would love this movie. This is probably my favorite love story of all! I have an entire pinterest board dedicated to this one single movie, book! I love it so so much! I think Kiera Knightley and Mathew Macfadyen make the perfect Lizzie and Mr. Darcy. This is a beautiful love story. This is my favorite rendition ever. This is a period piece so it will most definitely not be every one's cup of tea but it is my all time favorite.

4-Titanic
Leonardo DiCarpio and Kate Winslet are amazing in their roles. Yes this movie is forever long and yes this is a fantasy or at least the romance story line but I love it. I can't help it. Similar to Pride and Prejudice in that they are from two different walks of life but yet they love each other. It's so cute. I'll never let go Jack....

5-Rome + Juliet
This 1996 movie will either be loved or hated by most. I personally love it. It's  a "modern day" version of the classic. Damn can you guys tell I have a thing for Leo? Ha ha ha.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes are so sweet in this role. I am going to age myself with this comment but this came out when I was in high school and I have loved it ever since.
While it retains the original Shakespearean dialogue, the Montagues and the Capulets are represented as warring mafia empires (with legitimate business fronts) and swords are replaced with guns (with brand names such as "Dagger" and "Sword").

6-The Notebook
Ok guys we made it to my last sappy movie. Who in the world can possible hate this movie? Seriously? I love it! It's always a good cry....ha ha ha.
Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are the cutest! This love story is so awesome because you get to grow old with them. See where they are and where they started.
I love this story and like most of my favorites they come from different walks of life and yet love each other. That must be the theme of my movie choices because 5 out of my 6 picks have similar story lines.

I am almost 100% sure most have seen all of these movies and have their own opinions of them but in that slight chance you haven't go ahead and check them out.

I challenge all reading my blog to tell me what your favorite love stories/ movies are! Especially my friend Becci! I need to help her in keeping up with her blog and to have something distract her from her current situation that might be fun.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.


XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. I'm a lover of cheesy, sappy love stories as well. This will be a fun post to make. I love ALL the ones you picked. The only one I haven't seen is P&P, can you believe it? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that is my favorite one so yes my dear watch it!! I can't wait to see if you make a post of your own :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.