1.21.2016

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light


Hey lovelies today I want to talk to you guys about the highly hyped Hourglass Ambient Powders, the one I will be discussing today is the one in dim light.

I purchased this powder at Sephora for $45 it contains 0.35oz

What it claims to do:
Dim Light: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
 Story time:
I have been watching Youtobers rave about this product for SO long that I had to have it. I went into a Sephora and looked at them all. The girl asked me what my main purpose for it was and I told her I wanted to set my under eye concealer and wanted a powder that was light and difused the appearance of fine lines.
ok first of all I didn't stop to think that I had already set my eyes that day with another powder and the girl just placed it over what I already had on. It looked flawless, beautiful. I was sold. Let's be real I went in for it, it was going to be mine regardless. I do now not regret my purchase fully but do wish I would have chosen a different color, for my main purpose of a setting powder.

I am of a medium skin tone with yellow undertones and for my complextion I really did think this color would be the best but it's not. At least not for setting purposes. I think it is beautiful as a blush topper or even to add sheen to a bronzer. I think it is a little orange and makes me look way too dark as a setting powder anywhere. I will keep and still use it. I do like it just not for the purpose I purchased it for. Bummer right?!

Anywho, I am hesitant in buying the other shades maybe I will make it a point to get the palette of the 3 shades. We shall see. For any of you that may be interested in this product I wanted to make sure you know what I experienced. I would recommend it to those with a darker complexion or those that want them as a topper. It did give a subtle beautiful color to the skin. It did give the appearance of a flawless complexion so it's still a great product overall.

Thank you so much for stopping by today guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.