7.28.2015

Ipsy July 2015

Hey ladies hope you are all doing great today I am going to share my July 2015 Ipsy bag. 
 
Let's start with the Nudestix: Color Gilt
What it claims to do:
A soft and super gliding, easy to blend, eye color that's waterproof and long wearing. Ideal for oily lids, these fun and sassy touch n’go makeup stix provide a quick and easy ‘nude look, but better’ for all faces in all places.
Long-wearing (9 hours), water-proof, tear proof.
Quick-drying, non-sticky.
No animal testing.
Preservative free.

What I think about it: 
So I actually really like this product. It's extremely easy to use and it really does last a long time. It's perfect for a cute super quick eye makeup look. This product is defintely water proof, I wore it out in the extreme heat when I was sweating bullets and everything melted off but the eyeshadow. I will cherish this little guy for sure. Side note, it is hard to remove, just use a good waterproof eye makeup remover.

Next up is: Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance: Gel Soapless Cleanser
What it claims to do:
This deep-penetrating, soap-free cleanser eliminates impurities and excess sebum without stripping the skin. With this triple action formula, including the patented active ingredient Glyceryl Laurate, sebum and oil production are inhibited and the bacteria responsible for blemishes is diminished, resulting in healthy, blemish-free skin.
Soap-free
Paraben-free
Suitable for sensitive skin

What I think about it:
Honestly I have so many cleansers that I only used this once for a mini review opportunity. I don't feel that is long enough to make an honest or clear review on any product, however I did like it. It was an interesting gel formula but took all of my makeup off and made my skin feel fresh. It didn't break my sensitive skin out, so that's a plus too.

Next up is: City Color HD Powder
What it claims to do: 
City Color HD Powder sets your foundation for a smooth, matte finish. This finely-milled powder helps blur any imperfections and fills in fine lines to make sure you are always camera-ready. The translucent shade creates a shine-free and airbrushed look that works with all skin tones!
  • 100% Silica Powder
  • Matte finish
  • Prevents shine
  • Softens and evens out fine lines, imperfections, and pores.
What I think about it: 
Not all HD powders are created equally, that is a fact. This one seems extremely soft to the touch and applies on smooth however it made me extra oily and I didn't like that one bit. I had to stop using it because of the excess oil it was giving me. I will try it again in the winter, but I was not a huge fan.

Next up: Octavio Molina Hair
What it claims to do:
A Spray infused with Algae Extract for added moisture. This spray uses the richness of the sea to create texture + volume.
Instructions:
  • Use it on wet hair for extra volume and texture.
  • Use it on dry hair for separation and movement.
  • Spray on the roots and blow dry for extra lift.
100% Cruelty Free.

What I think about it: 
Another product I only used once. It did give me a lot of volume and texture, but it felt that it weighed my hair down. I have thin fine hair as it is, so I did like it for volume but I had to pull it back so that it looked good. I will finish using this up for sure, especially on lazy pull your hair back kind of days.

Lastly: Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Balm: in French Kiss
What it claims to do: 
Formula: Hydrating formula to leave lips feeling silky smooth with a hint of color.
Bombshell Application: Apply to top and bottom lips for full coverage.
Bombshell Tip: Reapply as needed to keep lips hydrated all day!

What I think about it:
It applies smoothly, it didn't dry out my lips like some can tend to do on me. It has no smell and doesn't have a bad taste. Overall it's a good lip balm. I like it. Nothing to complain about.

So really the only hiccup I had about this bag was that the texture spray came almost completely spilled all over the bag hence my picture (the first pic) where you can tell the card has water damage and everything else I had to dry out. Not too big of a deal especially because I did email Ipsy to tell them what happened and they were kind enough to send me a replacement, so all is good in the world. I liked my bag this month. Are you guys subscribed and if so, what did you get in your bag?

Thanks for stopping by.

Much Love,

2 comments:

  1. Great reviews! My hair stuff leaked in my bag as well, but I thought it was water haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say that I thought it was water too. We are so much alike lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.